Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stitched Cards

I have been paper-crafting recently! I still have even more cards to make, so more updates will probably appear in the near future. First of all, I made this awesome card inspired by the sewn paper valentines at The Purl Bee, with a change of colors just to mix it up a bit (and make it a little less sugary sweet for my boy). He loved it!
Next, I made a couple of cards that are actually thank-yous for Christmas gifts - can you believe it? It's mid-February! Am I the biggest slacker ever?! Probably. The hand-stitched one took the most time, yet it's probably my least favorite. I pre-poked all the holes before stitching with embroidery floss, but somehow I didn't really plan out the spacing too well so I didn't have space for an S on the end of "THANK". Haha! So now it just says THANK (you)...! Anyways, I feel like I could do cooler things with embroidery floss and paper... stay tuned.

No comments: